Another a"MAIZE"ing WJF Maize Football & Cheer season has come to an end!!
THANK YOU to all of our Maize athletes, families, coaches and supporters for making our 2016 season so successful!!!
Annual Meeting - all welcomed to attend
Monday December 19th, 2016
1800 S. Huron Street, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
2016 Season Recognition Ceremony
Sunday January 15th, 2017
Huron High School
2017 Season Details
- Practices will begin in early August 2017 (Monday thru Friday, typically 6 pm to 8:30 pm) Practice days will be adjusted as school begins (Tues thru Friday) and with practice end times are adjusted to accomodate it getting darker earlier.
- Practice location = Southeast Park (corner of Platt & Ellsworth)
- The first 2 games of the season will have a $5 entry fee for anyone over the age of 16, please come prepared. Addiontionally, any play-off games will also have an entry fee.
- Games 3 thru 8 will be free of charge.
- We will practice in the rain. If in the event there is lightning we will stop practice and seek shelter under the pavillion. Please plan to stay on site during rainy days if in the event we need to cancel practice. We may not be able to notify you via text of the cancellation on site.
- Games are mostly played on Saturdays but the schedule may be updated once we receive the final schedule from DJFL.
- Before each season starts we will host a "Season Kick Off" celebration - 2017 Date TBD. Get to know other Maize families while enjoying hot dogs and other munchies.
- Mandatory Fundraiser information will be shared
- Equipment Hand-out- players will only receive their equipment if all paperwork, payment, and volunteer deposit have been submitted.
- Submit remaining paperwork - Strongly encouraged to have completed prior to kick-off, athletes cannot practice until all paperwork is complete
- Parent Meeting - discussion of leage rules and expectations for the season
- Team meeting with coaches
Registration for our 2017 will begin as early as January 2017. We do offer Early Bird Specaial rates for those who register early - stay tuned for 2017 rate information and details.
- Registration events will be posted on our website
- 2017 Early Bird rates TBD, will be offered through the end of April 2017, no exceptions
- 2017 Regular season rates = TBD
- 2017 Late registartion rates = TBD
- Registration packets are available on our website so please print the packet from here and ensure you have all necessary documenation.
- When registering the following documents are required:
- Completed registration packet
- Original birth certificate, in addition to a copy for the registrar to keep
- Copy of a parent/legal guardian driver liscense
- Copy of child's physical exam dated as completed within the season's calendar year
- Volunteer fee 2017 Rate TBD (which is refunded once volunteer responsibilites are completed)
Questions: Please email us @ email@example.com and we'll be happy to answer
We're looking forward to another A"MAIZE"ING season in 2017!GO MAIZE!!!
Mark Chevrolet is a proud sponsor with WJF Mazie!!
33200 Michigan Ave, Wayne MI 48184
Big George's is a proud sponsor with WJF Mazie!!
2023 West Stadium Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Contact them today by calling (734) 669-9500
WJF Mazie is proud partner with the NFL Flag Football Program.
NFL Flag Football League Information: Available to boys and girls ages 4-14
Questions about NFL Program? Call (248) 454-9700
NFL Flag Football Program Website: