Another a"MAIZE"ing WJF Maize Football & Cheer season is here!!
Practice has begun and will occur daily Monday thru Friday from 6 to 8:30 pm at Southeast Park (corner of Platt & Ellsworth)
Football players should wear the following items to practice:
- protective cup
- mouth guard
- WHITE practice pants or practice pants you may have purchased
- all pads (knee, thigh, hip, and tail)
- shoulder pads
- practice jersey (can be any large tee that fits over the shoulder pads)
- yellow belt (optional but recommended)
Please be sure your athlete brings plenty of water!!!
Picture Day - Saturday August 27th
CHEER pictures will be postponed to a later date/time. Due to an increase in our enrollment numbers this year we have had to order more uniforms and would like to ensure every cheerleader has an opportunity to take an individual picture/team photo. We'll be sure to keep you updated with rescheduling details.
Football players should wear their blue game jerseys, yellow game pants, blue belt, blue socks, and all other equipment.
If you have more than one child you must complete one form per child with separate checks.
Banner/Winners/Action Photos will not be taken until after all teams photos have been completed.
If you're not present at the scheduled time identified for your team below, photographers will proceed with taking team photos regardless of any missing players - please arrive on time!
Report to Southeast Park @ 10 am
Report to Southeast Park @ 11 am
Report to Southeast Park @ 12 pm
Important 2016 Season Details
- Raffle Tickets have been handed out if you have not yet picked up yours, please see a board member to collect
- We have a 4 way scrimmage scheduled for Thursday September 1st at Ypsilanti High School. Football players must arrive by 5:30 pm.
- A few family members still need to place their $40 refundable deposit fee and sign up for volunteer duties, please see a board member asap.
- For any families who still owe registration funds - please keep in mind ALL fees must be paid in full prior to September 10th. Children with a remaining balance will not be allowed to participate in our first game.
- Uniforms jerseys & Cheer uniforms will be issued during the week of 8/22
- Summer practices will be held from 6 pm to 8:30 pm Monday thru Friday
- Once school resumes practices will be held Tuesday thru Friday 6 pm to 8 pm
- We will practice in the rain. If in the event there is lightning we will stop practice and seek shelter under the pavillion. Please plan to stay on site during rainy days if in the event we need to cancel practice. We may not be able to notify you via text of teh cancellation on site.
- Games will be played on Saturdays (Home games @ Huron High School) with the expection of our last game which is played on Sunday October 30th @ THE BIG HOUSE
Questions: Please email us @ email@example.com and we'll be happy to answer
We're looking forward to another A"MAIZE"ING season and we hope you are too...GO MAIZE!!!
WJF Mazie is proud partner with the NFL Flag Football Program.
NFL Flag Football League Information: Available to boys and girls ages 4-14
Questions about NFL Program? Call (248) 454-9700NFL Flag Football Program Website:
Zap Zone is a Proud Sponsor of WJF Maize Football & Cheer!